ExCellThera, a fast-growing biotechnology company in advanced clinical studies in the field of hematopoietic stem and immune cells, is currently looking to fulfill the position of Associate Research & Development.
Under the supervision of the Director, Cell Therapy Laboratory, the Associate performs experiments with the objective to optimize and develop cell therapies to treat blood cancers and other hematological disorders. This role will participate in testing and troubleshooting new and existing techniques and methods in line with actual and future research directives. The Associate is expected to work autonomously and perform experiments, analyze results and communicate findings through development reports and presentations. Joining ExCellThera as an Associate in the Cell Therapy Laboratory is an opportunity to work with highly motivated scientists in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Participate in the execution of in vitro experiments involving primary human samples (e.g., cord blood, bone marrow, mobilized peripheral blood).
- Participate in the execution of in vivo experiments required for preclinical studies.
- Perform cell-based characterization assays on fresh and UM171-expanded hematopoietic stem cells.
- Document experimental data, observations, and calculations in a timely and accurate manner, and summarize finding.
- Depending on seniority, write protocols, experimental plans and reports.
- Follow standard operating procedures and experiment plans.
- Follow and contribute to writing of internal SOPs, applicable to methods, processes, equipment and systems.
- Participate in technology transfer to and from external collaborators when required and support external collaborators when required.
- Perform laboratory duties in a safe and efficient fashion.
- Routinely present results of work.
- Demonstrate effective communication and social skills to enable collaborative work.
- College (DEC), Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or similar field.
- Minimum of 1+ (MSC), 3+ (BSc) or 5+ (DEC) years of industry experience in process development and/or manufacturing in the cell and gene therapy, regenerative medicine, or related field.
- Experience in laboratory techniques and methods relevant to cell biology, mammalian tissue processing, and cell therapy process development.
- Critical to this role is:
- Advanced/expert knowledge in cell culture methods with solid aseptic techniques.
- Significant practical experience in development and execution of cell characterization methods and technologies, such as flow cytometry and immunoassays.
- Blood processing/hematopoietic progenitor cell processing and isolation procedures.
- Practical knowledge of experimental design (e.g., DoE) and statistical data analysis.
- Strong English, written and verbal. French is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in technical scientific writing.
- Proficiency with relevant software and a range of technical applications (e.g. MS Office, statistical software, data analysis).
French/English bilingual candidates are preferred. Proficiency in English, spoken and written will be considered a major asset.
Applications and enquiries: marie-isabelle.roy@xpertyse.